This policy describes the information we process to support products and features offered by Updown App, Inc.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Updown App features, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our platform.
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when using our app, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things like suggesting hotspots. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what’s in them for the purposes described below.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Updown profile. This information (such as racial or ethnic origin) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people and accounts you are connected to and how you interact with them across our platform, such as the people you communicate with the most. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync, or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log, or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may want to share with and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our product, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our product and what posts, videos, and other content you view on our product. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications, and information other people provide when they use our product. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync, or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our product. We combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our product on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded, backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps, or accounts you use.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera, or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and connection speed.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the Updown product.
Provide, personalize and improve our Product.
We use the information we have to deliver our Product, including to personalize features and content (including your ads, push notifications) and make suggestions for you (such as events you may be interested in or brands you may want to follow) on and off our product. To create personalized experience that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our product; and the people, places, or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our product.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you’re near-to provide, personalize and improve our product, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Product, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting our product and new features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you-including details about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
- Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services. We use the information we have to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Updown product:
Public information can be seen by anyone, on our product. This includes your Updown App username; any information you share with a general audience; information in your public profile; and content you share on an Updown feed. You, other people using Updown App, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our product, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our product.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us and improve our product. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their brand.
For example, partners receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to, or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (data such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or recognizes who you are) unless you give us permission. We provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Overland Park and likes Crown Apple) to help them better understand their audience.
We share nondiscript information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our product.
Vendors and service providers
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our product is used, providing customer service, or conducting surveys.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our product.